Thursday, April 12, 2007

spring break at home


*clip art used with permission from www.discoveryschool.com

finally, i get a week away from the insanity that has been 2007 thus far. a week away from teaching urban 5th graders (as much as i love them) & all of their issues. a week away from the rigors of 14 hour days, unintentionally neglecting my john & my emmy. and finally, a week away from my RCP! for those of you that don't know, the rcp [reflective comprehensive portfolio] is the project equivalent of a master's thesis at virginia tech. i can't believe it, and cringe to say it afraid of jinxing (what an odd word to spell?) something, but i am DONE with that stinker! i forced myself to spend 16 hour days working straight to finish it before i came home. what a relief!

even though i've been home since monday afternoon, i have yet to unpack/semi-organize ANYTHING. i just had to snap a few shots of my room tonight before actually picking up and packing up to head back to school. these pictures are proof of how lazy i have been! poor emmy, she gets lost amongst all my junk!

where do i begin?!


and check out my dresser! sadly, those easter baskets are already empty.
such a yummy easter bunny this year. :)

home is amazing. call me cliche, but it really is where my heart rests at peace. i have yet to learn to sleep more than six hours, however my mind is calm and my spirit so revived just being at home. i love this place. the presence of family in our daily life is something i take for granted; not having my family at school is a test of my perseverance and a representation of the incredible love we share.

oh! how could i forget! i got a little belated birthday dinner with my lifelong, childhood friends on wednesday night. we went to cheesecake factory for dinner and drinks, with priceless conversation throughout. these girls have been with me since elementary school & are the epitome of "best" friends! :)

left to right: adrienne, dana, me and jess.
cyndie: we missed you! hope you got all the wedding decorating completed! :o)

i know this post is all over the place-- i've been lazy and haven't touched my computer for anything but email since i came home! i'll be uploading more pictures in the next few days however. matt, alison & wyatt are coming to visit along with andrea (ali's sister) & her husband, jason. jason, matt, andrea & myself are all running the dismal swamp stomp half-marathon on saturday. this is matt, jason and andrea's first half-marathon so i'm really stoked to share it with them. it looks like we'll be running in a yucky noreaster, so stay tuned for fun pics! :)

2 comments:

A.K. said...

good luck! can't wait to see pics of the run!

Jessica said...

it was so good to see you last week! love you and can't wait for another beachy summer together : )