Tuesday, April 03, 2007

23


Left-Right: Kristie, Abby, Melissa, Laura, Me, Paige and Janet

wow. i cannot believe it. i am actually 23 years old today! 21 was fun, 22 still seemed young but 23 enters me into a whole new realm of life. i do believe 23 is actually inching closer and closer to the stage of life we refer to as the "mid-twenties." this period is almost like initiation into being a big kid, into that stage of life where you don't want people to know you age so you term the decade. yikes!

so my day was really nothing special. it was filled with 5th graders and teachers, like normal. my 5th graders didn't know it was my birthday, but my wonderful mommy (a teacher!) was the one who sang me "happy birthday!" and made me feel so special. even though we're 300 miles apart, she and my daddy are still the ones i love to hear from the most. i wish you two were here to celebrate with me-- i love you more than anything and missed you so much!

my incredible friends are my lifeline. they have kept my head above water the past five years of teacher-prep at vt and this year is no exception. these girls are incredile: hardworking, trustworthy and the kind of friend everyone dreams of having. i'm so lucky to know all of you and thank you SO MUCH for celebrating with me today. love you girls! :)


Left to Right: Meredith, Kristie, Me, Paige, AK, Laura, Abby, Melissa & Janet

No comments: