Saturday, April 28, 2007

the pigbear

although we've never met, i have been an avid reader of my friend ak's buddie's blog, entitled princess pigbear. the "pigbear" made it as the new face of baby gap after a nationwide casting call! my mom came up in the wake of the vt tragedy just to get my mind off of things. after lunch out, we went to the mall in roanoke (valley view mall) for some shopping therapy. on our way to ann taylor loft, we passed baby gap and a HUGE poster of adorable sarah! i screamed (literally!) in the mall and told my mom "I'VE GOT TO TAKE A PICTURE! THAT'S THE PIGBEAR! I'VE GOT TO TAKE A PICTURE!" after watching my elated smile at this enormous poster of a complete stranger, i finally explained to my mom that erin (& sarah!) were two beautiful people i loved to follow via the blogging world. so erin and sarah, this is for you!

in the light of a horrible tragedy, this beautiful creation known as sarah brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart. praise God for simple joys!

(sorry about the poor photo quality. not that i'm a master photographer (like erin herself!), but i couldn't avoid the glare of the skylights on the poster. glare or no glare, you can't take away the beauty in sweet lil sarah!)

2 comments:

erin said...

Wow, Ashley, I'm so incredibly touched! Thank you for your kind words, and your excitement, and for taking that photo. We've been thinking about all of you at VT so much lately and our hearts just ache for you guys. I'm so glad Sarah could be a bright spot in all of that. Take care.

A.K. said...

love the picture!! i'll have to invite you down when we're in alabama to come meet the pigbear herself! i love how all of us at VT know the pigbear... must be nice to be so popular and not even be old enough to know it!