Sunday, March 23, 2008

happy easter!

"As he spoke, he held out his hands for them to see, and he showed them his side. They were filled with joy when they saw their Lord! He spoke to them again and said, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.....You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who haven't seen me and believe anyway." [John 21:20-21,29 NLT] 

I pray that you feel the peace of our Lord today, this Easter Sunday. May your faith in Him be alive just as He is today! :)

this was taken this morning after our (early!) easter service at church. our easter "baskets" were these black, decorative shadow boxes we had registered for at target! we were so excited to get them and all the sweet, yummy goodies within. what a creative mama i have. :)  

i am proud to share that tomorrow starts my week of freedom, aka, spring break! :) have i mentioned how much i love teaching in public education?! my tentative agenda for the week is as follows:
  • road trip with mom to richmond, lexington & blacksburg
  • spring clothes shopping at the short pump town center! 
  • sleeping in. daily.
  • wedding planning with my mama!
  • possibly heading to raleigh to see the sweetest kids in the world
as you can see, my week will be spent far away from lesson plans, guided reading books and all things kindergarten. see ya when i get back! :)

3 comments:

Our Hope said...

Ashley - We're at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in North Raleigh...we're only 15 or 20 minutes from Cary. Isn't it crazy how small the world can be with all of these connections? By the way - love your dog. We have a 4 year old German Shorthaired Pointer named Bella and she's so much fun! Hope you're enjoying spring break! -Amy

Susie PSU said...

I hope you had fun shopping at Short Pump! Did you eat at the Cheesecake Factory there? Yum..

A.K. said...

happy birthday! i left you a text message today but just in case you have changed numbers- here is another one!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!