Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm Back!

after months away from the blogging world, i am very proud to say that i am back! :) so much has happened in the last 3+ months, i don't even know where to begin!
first, let me give my (lame) excuses for why i haven't been blogging...

1) my trusty ol' laptop died (well, kinda) and a couple-hundred dollar repair on something that was 5 years old just didn't make sense. so, after a few paychecks, i now have a brand new iMac! :) and i love it!
http://www.apple.com/imac/design.html

2) i had to have my appendix removed. the sunday after one of my best friend's wedding, i woke up with what i thought was a tummy ache. well my "tummy ache" began to ache more and more until i was walking around the house like a lion! after a trip to the er, an ambulance ride and a few doctors later, i had my first apendectomy (sp?) and am now appendix-less! what a way to start my first month of teaching, right?! let me have you know that my substitute plans are dynamite, thanks to my recent experience! :o)

3) school is insane. just when i thought that i got lesson planning down pat (i have to create daily lesson plans for 9 different conent areas), now i have to develop DAILY guided reading plans for EVERY child (remember, i have 43 kindergarteners) EVERYDAY! holy canoli! :o

4) i got engaged! john proposed to me on october 20, 2007 at big meadows lodge, on skyline drive. it was a beautiful day filled with wonderful memories. let the wedding planning begin!

so, as you see, i've been very busy this fall. however, i am so glad to be back into the blogging world! between long days in kindergarten, long nights lesson planning and weekends filled with wedding planning, i know that i will have lots to share. stay tuned! :)

1 comment:

A.K. said...

yay! welcome back- i've been checking daily to see when you would come back! can't wait to follow the wedding planning through the blog!