Wednesday, May 23, 2007

graduation, round two!


after nearly two weeks since graduation, i am finally blogging again! the move back home was rushed and unpacking has taken nearly fifteen days! however, i think i'm finally back and settled. soo...it's back to the blogging world for me! :)

graduation was...well....graduation. i'm not going to lie and say that it was enjoyable, because it really wasn't. the 4 hour process was long and HOT (we were all stinky and sweaty afterwards!), emotional and upsetting, accompanied by a speaker nobody could understand. afterwards, my family and i rushed to grab a bite to eat on campus, then rushed back to meet john's family for his graduation. the undergraduate ceremony was beautiful. i was all tears throughout, listening to president steger express his love of virginia tech and the inspiring words of the speaker. here are some pictures to enjoy!


my girls!
melissa, kristie, me, abby, laura


with meredith, my fellow beach teacher!


more ece girls :)
susan, kristin, steph and cate


abby and laura



posing with the hokie bird


with kristie after the ceremony


my mom and daddy, the two people who have gotten me through my five years of college


view of the undergraduate ceremony, in lane stadium, later in the evening


president steger, college deans and honored guests sat atop a podium on the field


john and his sister, kelly


john with lots of extended family!
kevin, kelly, john, barbie, jc, baby jenna, sarah and chris


with my sweetie after a long, hot, sticky, emotional rollercoaster of a day!

1 comment:

A.K. said...

i hear you about our ceremony- our families were real troopers to sit through it all- the pics look great though!