Saturday, June 14, 2008

uncertainty

first, i want to open with a slight disclaimer: no, i am not an alice cooper fan. in fact, the only reason i know about the band is because my mentor from student teaching (mr. moss) introduced me to the this song on the last day of school. okay, the end. :)


isn't this the most precious picture? it's my dog (the monster), emmy & john's pup, sadie. they were looking out the window in my room not too long ago when i snapped this shot. both were content to be next to each other, content to be where they were (inside the house), but seemingly searching for something on the other side of the window. this window actually looks out to the sideyard of the house, so there's nothing there but a few hydrangea and rose bushes. however, these two were just glued to the window for 10-15 minutes straight. 
i guess that's similar to how john and i feel right now. after lots of prayer, thought & advice from loved ones, we have decided to stay in the hampton roads/virginia beach area next year. my job is amazing (as is the pay!) and there are numerous opportunities for john. his job search has been long but is finally turning fruitful; he has interviews lined up for next week! now that we've decided on an area, we need to find a home. let's just say that's easy to say and incredibly difficult to do. countless times i've gone to look at a home, only to find that it's not right. the Lord is testing me and my reliance on Him vs. my dependency upon myself to do it all. a lesson in patience and trust? tenfold. 

4 comments:

A.K. said...

thanks for updating us- we'll be praying that it all works out! love that pic of the two doggies!

{Myra} said...

Cute picture :)

Holliday Family said...

Ashley, I know your wedding is coming up soon and you must be so busy with last minute arrangements. However, I wanted to say God Bless & have a wonderful day. x

ps, don't forget to publish some photos on your blog after the big day!

Elizabeth said...

I see that the profile is changed...now we need some wedding and honeymoon pictures!!